Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Busan fireworks festival and Haloween Festivities

The "Busan International Fireworks Festival" takes place every October along Gwangalli Beach. The festival’s diverse programs of cultural events, high-tech laser light shows, and myriad of unique and colorful fireworks make this one of the area’s most popular festivals, drawing crowds of over 1 million visitors each year.
 Imagine a fireworks show so amazing that the only thing I can try to compare it as for all my Wisconsinites is... its like the grand finale of the big bang but for 45 minutes long, synchronized to music, with a laser show, and these flying phoenix fireworks in the sky that shot off fireworks as well. I know that pictures of fireworks do not do it justice but I was pretty impressed and amazed by the whole thing.

Here's a little shot of the crowd. Kelly and I were running a bit late and I was determined to get a good spot for fireworks and all the roads were closed. So... I did what all people would do, I played the foreigner card. I literally walked up to the barricade, pointed to a building and said "Chingu, apartment." Which would be friend apartment in Korean. I wasn't lying we really were going to a Halloween party at someone's apartment right across the street from the beach. After a few minutes of chingu apartment, smiling and batting our pretty little eyes they let us through the police barricade for front row seats!
We got there just in time, found an  open spot, some Korea's were not happy about our great seats but we enjoyed them anyways. Here's some pictures of the awesome fireworks. 








And there we are.. I just kept yelling Oh My GOD!!!!


After the fireworks we made it up to the Halloween Party

I thought this guy looked like Hercules, obviously I was very excited.

Kelly was Sailor Moon and I was Taco Bell Hot Sauce

Mari was Grumpy cat.
My going out costume... I'm bringing saucy back.

No comments:

Post a Comment