Saturday, June 15, 2013

The beach.

I have been waiting to visit the beach... since as long as I knew I was coming to Pusan. Today we took the subway to Suyeong-Gu beach (I think).
Here's the subway station. I'm such a tourist. I had to buy this card that you scan to get on the subway and load it with money. Korean money is similar to US value but they do it in the thousands. So the card cost 6,000 and I loaded 10,000 on it, makes you feel like a baller. In Korea they like to use English but in funny ways, the most appropriate card to choose was the one that said "Happy Memory of My Life" with a winky smile face.

Squat toilets? I'm a pro. Thank you Tanzania!

Here's the beach!!! AHHHHHH so beautiful. Those people in the picture of my new friends, they are a couple from Canada named Kyle and Danielle. Yay, I've made some friends! They are noobs like me, so we are bonding over all the new and exciting Korean things. 

The bridge and a nice, romantic picture of a Korean couple in a boat. Korean ladies are very concerned about their skin color (they want to be light, so you see a lot of very covered people and umbrellas. Oh, and many women dress like they are going to the club. Full blown stiletto heels on the beach. Its pretty hilarious to try and watch them walk in the sand.

Sky rises galore.

I couldn't figure out what the hell was in the middle of these buildings. But, in my imagination I decided that they are like Iron Man power converters. Maybe the building transforms into a giant robot... hey it could happen.

Oh look! There's me on the beach with the bridge and the mountains in the background. I really cant believe I live here, it just hasn't sunk in yet.

SCARIEST GAME IVE EVER SEEN!

Brian Korbar this photo is for you.. I was being the Korean paparazzi because this couple was playing the recorder on the beach! They were reading off of sheet music and attempting to play duets, mind you not very well.  

Korea lights up at night. I took this picture after we left a foreigners brewery. It just opened and they have delicious beer. Which was amazing to me because they had a really yummy IPA. Its kinda hard to find delish beer here. Most of it is like miller-lite, which I'm not a huge fan of.

The bridge at night. Its full of lights! I don't think I captured the fireworks that were also being set off of a boat. What a good day!
Oh and on another note I bought sheets and a comforter today... its those little things in life that really do make it or break it and I cant wait to cuddle up in my more comfortable bed tonight and sleep really well!
 
Song of the post: By the Sea by Mickey Mouse and Friends.

1 comment: