Saturday, August 10, 2013

The petting zoo

So I had a week long summer vacation break from school last week. On one of the days Rita invited me to go to a petting zoo with her and her girl friend Jess. We started on this adventure when I found out that the petting zoo is literally a block away, on the 12th floor of a department store. Lol, only in Korea.
A fennic fox. They are so cute. I love their giant ears!  

Here's a prairie dog posing for the camera. He's saying "get me outta here!"

My favorite animal pen in the how place was the squirrel enclosure. Yep, that's right... squirrels. But it was super fun because you could stick your head in the middle and feel like you were literally inside the squirrel playground.

A lizard of some sort.

This one looks like a ferret to me, but I honestly have no idea what it was. I just loved how it was lounging on his hammock.

Brown bear, brown bear, sticking out his tongue.

Here is me and a Toucan. It was cool but I didn't exceptionally enjoy it. You put food in your hand and within seconds the toucans start flocking towards you. There are not just one or two either, there are many toucans so them flocking at you made me a bit nervous.

Jess, Rita and I with our Toucan friend.

I think these are parakeets.

Rita being the bird whisperer.... or the crazy bird lady from Mary Poppins.

These birds couldn't fly. So I liked them better.

All three of us with the pretty parrots.

An armadillo!

Ducks!

So I know some of you have heard of doctor fish before. Typically you put your feet in a pond and these fish eat the dead skin off of your feet. Like a natural sort of a pedicure. At the petting zoo they had a pool where you could put your hands in to exfoliate them. Like most of you know, I am horrified of fish. So sticking me hand in a pond where the whole point is for them to bite you was not my favorite thing.

I look like I am enjoying it so much.

They had a mini horse outside of the 12th floor. So bizarre.

Me and a super cute turtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment