Saturday, August 10, 2013

Seafood BBQ!

Today I tried a new form of Korean BBQ that is all about the seafood! Yum, Yum, Yum. Its a good thing that I enjoy most seafood. Here was the view from our table. It was literally across the street from the sea and we had the view of two different lighthouses. So amazingly beautiful and really could you ask for better scenery at dinner?

Here's the group! 6 our of the 8 people at dinner were from Wisconsin! WISCOSIN UNITE! It really was because the girl on the far left was margee, Rita's old roommate in college! She came to visit with her husband (to her right) and their two friends who live in Singapore of the far right. In the middle is Alex (a co-teacher of mine) and Chris, our Korean friend who knew the owner of the restaurant we were going to and was kind enough to come and show us the ropes!

Here are the sides, THIS KIMCHI WAS SO DELISH! That is the first time ive EVER said that and I kept eating it... so good!

The brown things are larvae. I've been seeing this around and never wanted to spend the money to buy it... well here it was a side dish and you'll get to see me try it a few pictures down! Those little seashell things are yummy and you just suck out the meaty insides!

We ordered scallops. You cook them on the grill in seashells! When they are nice and browned you put them in the tin foil pan with butter, spices, onions, and this summer sweet Korean sauce. Like I said thank goodness for Chris because he was sharing all the insider secrets to how to BBQ properly!

Here I am trying the larvae....

Here I am eating it.... I was thinking it would be crunchy but it was soft, salty with a slight fishy seafood flavor. Defiantly not the best thing I ate at dinner. But, I'm happy I tried it... there you go Dad and AJ, I'm eating all the strange stuff.

I was so excited to eat shrimp... I LOVE SHRIMP.. but these shrimp were impregnated lady shrimp with the eggs inside. Imagine my surprise! I politely and quietly stuck them on the side and didn't eat them again... they had a very sea foodie flavor and a strange texture.

Here are the real, big, fresh, yummy, amazing shrimp on the grill. In the tin pan is our scallops. They were so good because they were dripping in butter and onions. They were so fresh and had the best flavor and texture ever.

Chris making the shrimp dance for the photo. I also love this picture because you can see the ocean behind Alex and Chris!

Food demolished!
 
There you go family and friends... 5 blogs posted in one night. I'm sorry I've been slacking but I like how a lot of people were asking for more blogs! It makes me feel loved and then I know people are actually reading this stuff and looking at my pictures which makes me feel really motivated to keep up on blogs so I can share my adventure with you all! Try to add comments, I love to read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment